We want you to feel at home when you post a comment on Dxps.com. We want everyone to feel at home posting comments on Dxps.com. We don’t know what your home is like, but we do know how we expect people to behave when they visit ours. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here relevant, civil and subjectively inoffensive.
Our No. 1 house rule is simple: Be Nice.
Want your comment to be seen? Here’s what we like to see from your thoughtfully composed gem of a comment:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the article, positive or negative, we really don’t mind.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humor we know you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Downvote and flag comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, agenda, product, or blog. We’re sure that your brand, agenda, product, or blog is particularly awesome/interesting, but we’re here to discuss this particular article. Please keep on topic (within reason)
- Impersonating authors or other commenters. Just don’t.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. At least have the patience and decency to read what you’re commenting on.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters. Things can get heated in a debate, we appreciate that. Theres absolutely no need to threaten your fellow commenters and if you choose to do so, down comes the ban hammer!
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, you get the drift. Don’t. Ever.
- Trolling. We’ll be shoving you back under that bridge where you belong!
That’s it, have fun, have a good old chat and thanks so much for taking the time to do so.